Wednesday 28 January 2009

An ambition

This could be interesting.

One of the things that The Mudheads would like to do this year is go back into the studio and record something. This has been something I haven’t done since 1995 when Mudheads Monkey recorded Shout! an album that actually made money and sold surprisingly well in Norway.

Regular readers of this blog will recognise the producer of Shout! As Jez Coad, a long term friend of mine and now a well respected producer of named bands (he has just finished recording his second collaboration with Simple Minds).

As I thoroughly enjoy working with Jez and I firmly believe that he gets the best out of me, I approached him again to see if he could help The Mudheads record an EP (that’s an old fashioned term for you under 25’s meaning ‘extended play’…in English a CD with about four tracks on it).

Jez said that he would be delighted to work with us again and gave me some advice and suggestions to take back to the band.

The most exciting advice was that we should record the tracks at the Rockfield studio’s in Monmouth.

Now I am betting none of you have heard of that name before, however I am pretty sure that you would have heard of at least one song that was historically recorded there.

Does the name Bohemian Rhapsody mean any thing to any of you?

So there we go, excited or what!!

However, this is a big boy’s studio that charge big boy fees. Even with nice guy Jez pulling a few favours and strings, it could still cost a packet. More that three struggling gigging musicians from Bristol can afford that’s for pretty darn sure.

Or maybe not.

I shall keep you all up to date with developments.

Oh, incidentally, we have several other ambitions for the band this year….mine is to get Bassbin along to a gig……I however, I think that recording in one of Britain’s nay the worlds, most famous studios is going to be easier to pull off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to a Mudheads gig. We shall see my young apprentice...

Car wise, you are between a rock and a hard place. You want sporty youthfullness, but need carrying capacity, which tends to negate sporty. Unless you have the (considerable) money for an Audi RS6 Avant or BMW M5 Touring you have little chance of ticking both boxes. Brian's MG ZTT is not a bad idea due to low prices, but I feel it is still a bit pipe and slippers.

As far as recording at the Bo-Rhap studio. Sounds great and about time we had more recorded material as we have only waited 25 years...!

Bass Bin