Monday 6 June 2011

Chemically enhanced!

Do not despair…..I will continue…..I must……I will be severally chastised by good friends if not.

What must I continue I hear you cry?.......performing in a band is pretty much the answer. Performing at all basically.

Its okay it’s not terminal. I have now discovered that my totally lethargy towards playing is in fact chemically based. No, I’m not popping anything that I am not supposed to, it’s just that I have a lack of a chemical called thyroxin in my system that has left me feeling like I have gone fifteen rounds with Mike Tyson and then not slept for a week.

They tell me that this particular problem is hereditary (thanks mum) but easily treatable although I will join ranks of those that have to take tablets every day for the rest of their lives.

Hopefully what I will end up is enough energy for three and a renewed passion to rock & roll. There are still many stages that need ripping up!!

You will be the first to know.

I’ll be back shortly I promise.

Laters dudes
RG


2 comments:

Brian said...

So basically you have what is know as an under-active thyroid gland. I have one friend who has been living with this condition for many years and copes more than adequately with the right medication. The trick is to get the dose right, which may take a while to sort out, but believe me, in the end you will not know yourself, you will feel SO good it will scare you! In the meantime be prepare for the "fun" of them trying you on different doses... it will be worth it!

Bass Bin said...

So you are now 'all about the drugs..?' I guess that being an internationally acclaimed musical phenomenon would always take it's toll, but I imagined parties where copious amounts of hallucinogenic substances would be served off silver salvers and not a thyroid supplement..!

However, I do look forward to a healthy, revitalised and turbo charged Rock God during your next arena tour.

Peace out baby...