Tuesday 26 April 2011

The boys are back!

I do have to write in an apologetic state as I have promised you that I would endeavour to write at least once a week.

My excuse (.for that is all that it is) was that our guitarist, who also happens to be my son, got himself married.

Until you have experienced this particular delight you will have absolutely no idea the emotional and mental space it demands of the parents. I thought that having myself been married that it would be a walk in the park. No chance.

So sadly I have much neglected my blog.

I suppose that it was also synonymous with my lack of playing over the past few months as I had intimated in my last entry I had become fed up with the whole ‘performing’ thing was not in mood to be entertaining nor creative.

However; the sun has been shining and I have had a good healthy dose of vitamin D and am feeling generally at one with my inner rocker once more.

Also with the prospect of performing with my childhood hero ‘Bruce Foxton’ this week I feel the tinge of excitement that tends to inspire those of us that take to the stage for the edification of an adoring public.

All things being equal I shall return with the rockers pen and strip my soul for the delight of you lot!!

On another sadder note.

I often have a little browse through the statistics of this website just to ensure that I am not just writing this blog for my own benefit (if you left more comments I would know that you are actually reading what I am writing).

Anyway the stats show that a good deal of my readership come from Japan. You guys clearly love your rock.

In fact one of my first albums I purchased was the legendary Cheap Trick Live at Budokan…what a blinding album that was.

I have had friends who achieved nothing in this country and have had phenomenal success in the land of the rising sun. It is a land that clearly appreciates a good hard rock riff.

We in the West have been watching in awe as the news of the incredible tragedy of the earth quakes hit your shores.

It doesn’t mean much I know but please be assured that the prayers of this fellow rock lover are well and truly with you and I pray that the Phoenix will raise quickly from the rubble and you will be back rocking & rolling as soon as you are able.

We’ll speak soon.

RG

No comments: