Wednesday 7 July 2010

The summer beckons


I am sorry that it has been a week or two since my last entry; however I felt that readers of this blog deserved my best work and not what ever comes straight into my head (I can hear the howls of derision from around the south west of England as I write this line).

It is the summer months and this year we kind of are endeavouring to fulfil a promise to ourselves as a band and that is to have a few months off.

Of course this is always a great idea, but never really pans out as planned…we have three full on gigs in that time and most bands would look at us in bemusement to enquire as to how this constitutes a ‘break’, but for The Mudheads, three performances in two months is a break believe me.

One of those gigs is a wedding, which I suspect might make a joyful (or not) entry to the blog following the event.

We normally avoid weddings like the plague as ‘requests’ for dreadful 70’s ballads are aplenty and we have visions of the bride’s mother thundering towards the stage, handbag in hand, because ‘the drummer’ is WAY too loud and he is frightening Great Aunt Matilda.

However; in this case, the groom-to-be assures me that his entire family are ‘cool’ with the idea. However; we shall see.

So, please bear with me, do not wander off, and keep on checking the site. As soon as something worthy of recording passes our way (which should be a few days knowing my world) then you good readers will be the first to know.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to keep CJ away from the mic’s at the wedding, some of his marital jokes are a little, shall we say, ‘colourful’ and I have promised the couple faithfully that we are family friendly……I can see the handbag swinging in our direction as we speak.

1 comment:

Bass Bin said...

So you have finally turned into Murph and the Murphtones (see The Blues Brothers for reference). I presume sparkly suits, glinty teeth and knowing winks to the more 'mature' females in the audience are all now part of your act.

When you get to the time in the set when you will no doubt play Lady In Red, you will hear the sound of a thousand breaking hearts as the mighty Rock God finally sells his soul to M.O.R.

Think about what you are doing RG and then don't do it..! Wedding gigs are the type of booking that even aged pub rock bands (that you deride so mercilessly) look down on as 'too low to go'.

Oh, the horror, the horror...