Friday 5 June 2009

Back to the blogg

My apologies that I have not penned anything for nearly a month now, this is especially important as articles I write for you good folk are my source for a column that I now scribble for Bristol Rocks called “The Loader Lectures”.

Truth be known it is getting increasingly difficult to write witty observations on an industry that is becoming more and more depressing.

Venues we once loved are closing their doors.

Places that were once reliable and never any trouble are pulling fast ones on artistes and refusing to pay the agreed amount promised on the night.

Once great venues for a good night’s rock & roll are now crawling with underage drinkers, utterly gazebo’d on half a cider and black.

And even the most enthusiastic supporters of local music are generally giving up and moving on to other things.

It all sounds like doom and gloom, however this isn’t always the case. We have discovered that the good folks of Yeovil, Somerset REALLY know how to rock (despite making me look young) and we have the British Mountain Bike festival tomorrow, where we are being guaranteed a crowd of at least 1200 people.

With this is mind, I will keep my finely trained brain open for literary opportunities, which I can then share with you.

Mind you, I had better get in quick. I have just discovered why I keep getting hammering headaches on a Friday morning following our rehearsal nights (no it is not down to an over abundance of the falling down juice). It would appear that making a room sound proof can also make it air tight and as the singer I am consuming far more oxygen than is available to me….hence I am probably getting a regular does of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. No wonder I couldn’t find my feet this morning.

Watch this space as to how we are going to resolve this problem (on the cheap).

Speak soon.

2 comments:

Bass Bin said...

Death by rock and roll was never meant to be like this. Suffocated within your own rehearsal room. Cruel.

Unknown said...

Most Rock 'n' Rollers suffocate on their own vomit. This is much tidier. Well done.