Thursday 19 February 2009

The Joys of Twitter

.
Quicksketch has introduced me a new world wide phenomena called 'Twitter'....I have added a link to the left hand side of this blog, which will allow you updates of what I am doing throughout the day.

So, if you want to know what a Rock God has for lunch.....or how often he goes to the bathroom...check it out.

You can even get updates sent to your phone or e-mail.

Does this have a rather 'sad' element to this do you think??

Anyway, Stephen Fry is a big fan of Twitter so who am I to argue and I want to remain cutting edge............until I finally give up and buy myself a pipe and some slippers and the overwhelming urge to own a garden shed becomes to much to bear.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Actually, Paul, I do think Twitter is rather sad - you've got to keep posting whatever you are doing so we can read it! So really there are two sad sides to it - yours because you think we might actually be interested in what you had for lunch, and ours, because we subscribe to it (you notice I didn't say "read it"!).

Whatever became of just living our lives and letting people ask about them if they really wanted to?

And before you say it, yes, I am older than Paul, but I am still very much interested in technology and use Facebook regularly to keep in touch with people. But I don't keep changing my status (to some people's annoyance!).

Anyway, Paul, I hope you find Twitter to be fun and that there really are some benefits to all that extra typing you have to do!